The Pool Rescue Manikin is a revolutionary new product designed to innovate the way lifeguard training is conducted. This product brings together different elements of lifeguard training, allowing trainees to seamlessly practice different techniques without needing to switch between equipment or live volunteers. The Pool Rescue Manikin is the ideal training tool for aqua centres, swimming pools and recreational facilities.
The Pool Rescue Manikin was designed specifically for lifeguard training and developed with the assistance from the Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) and lifeguards. It has been tested extensively by RLSS trained lifeguards and has been officially approved as a tool for lifeguards.
This manikin has been created to allow trainee lifeguards to learn all the skills required to safely retrieve a person from the pool. Once thrown into the pool, the manikin quickly sinks beneath the surface and lifeguards can train to retrieve it from the bottom, tow it to the side using a variety of towing techniques, and perfect their lifting techniques - all using one dummy, instead of switching from plastic torsos and live volunteers.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Designed with assistance from RLSS UK and recommended by them for assessment and training.
- RLSS UK has endorsed the Ruth Lee Pool Rescue manikin for use within qualification assessments. RLSS UK Trainer Assessors conducting assessments for the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ), National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches (NRASTC), and Emergency Response Pool (ER Pool), can now use the Ruth Lee Rescue manikin for candidates to demonstrate deepwater recovery, as well as other skills.
- Carefully designed and tested to create realistic buoyancy - it will sink, yet is buoyant enough to float when being towed. It will feel like an ‘unconscious’ person in the water.
- Lifeguards gain greater confidence having had a closer experience of what it is like to recover a weighted body from the bottom of the pool.
- A more realistic challenge compared to using live volunteers who may try to subconsciously ‘assist’ the trainee or a plastic half torso with no arms or legs!
- The use of a manikin can reduce the need to use volunteers in training scenarios, thereby avoiding potential injury and any embarrassment caused by close personal contact.
- Includes a face with human-like features, allowing the trainee to check the mouth for possible obstructions as part of their rescue.
- Greatly improves performance - trainers can easily spot weaknesses such as slow towing, as the manikin’s legs will start to sink if a consistent speed is not maintained.
- Flexible arms, reinforced with strong webbing allow the arms to be raised aloft, letting lifeguards practice hauling the ‘victim’ from the water using correct lifting techniques.
- Complete a full simulated rescue from start to finish. No need to switch from plastic dummy to real volunteer part way through training – this manikin can be fetched from the bottom of the pool, towed to the side and recovered from the water - promoting more realistic and more effective training, ultimately making lifeguards even better!
- Constructed using a reinforced Nylon mesh which allows water ingress, meaning the manikin will sink when placed in water.
- Mesh allows for ventilation and rapid draining when the manikin is retrieved from the water.
- Detailed care instructions will be provided with the manikin.
- Available in two sizes, Adult and Junior.
- The adult manikin is supplied with a mesh carry sheet which is recommended for storing the manikin and transportation.