Obesity is a very real problem in the UK and across the world and judging by government figures and annecdotal evidence the problem is rapidly getting worse.
All sectors as well as Fire & Rescue, Hospitals, Ambulance can experience heavier casualties:
Airlines accommodate increasingly heavy passengers - we lent an RL180 to Airbus in Broughton, UK for a multi agency exercise and Nicole (as she was called!) brought the exercise to a standstill! It took the combined teams 15 minutes to formulate a plan of how to remove her from the training fusilage!
Shipping: Cruise Ships could have many obese/bariatric passengers on board, would your staff know how to deal with passengers of these weights?
Prisons: do your officers have sufficient training to be able to move prisoners weighing more than 130Kg if an incident arose?
Care Homes: not all situations will require the emergency services, could your staff manage?
Casualties/Victims/Patients/Clients/Staff/Passengers come in all shapes and sizes - can you handle them?
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Constructed in waterproof Polyester: conforms to BS EN ISO 6330), OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and ISO 17050-1 - the new material is tough, safe to handle and easy to clean.
- Anatomically correct weight distribution gives the 'feel' of an unconscious person, helping to improve pre-hospital clinical care.
- Strong enough to be buried under concrete or steel lintels with no damage; placed in or under vehicles; - these manikins are tough enough for all training exercises!
- We have worked very hard to achieve a 'fluidity of movement' with the weight rather than just producing a heavy 'lump', so these manikins are very realistic to work with.
- They are designed for a team of at least 4-6 people to rescue and are supplied complete with a carrying sheet to assist in carrying and positioning the manikin.
- The neck provides the ability to fit an immobilisation/extrication collar if required - to promote proper casualty care.
WHO USES THEM?
- 1st Call Mobility Ltd
- Avon FRS
- Babcock Training Limited
- Bournemouth University School of Health & Social Care
- Coventry City Council
- Devon and Somerset FRS
- East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS TRUST
- East Of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Greater Manchester FRS
- Kent FRS
- Lincolnshire FRS
- Linet Uk Ltd
- London Ambulance Service NHS TRUST
- Merseyside FRS
- North East Ambulance Service AMB HQ
- Outreach Rescue
- Scottish Ambulance Service
- South Central Ambulance Service
- South Yorkshire FRS
- STATES OF JERSEY FIRE SERVICE
- Warwickshire FRS
- Welsh Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- West Midlands FRS
- West Sussex FRS
- Wiltshire & Swindon Fire Authority
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service
- Princess Alexandra Hosp - Loganholme, Australia
- Mayo Clinic - USA
- Philips Healthcare - USA
- Constructed in waterproof Polyester: conforms to BS EN ISO 6330), OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and ISO 17050-1. These manikins can be washed down with soapy water to keep clean
- Padding - 25mm flame retardant Polyurethane foam VE38200 (conforms to BS2852:Part 2:1982).
- The fluidity of movement is created by distributing the weight in 1/2 Kg packets across the Nylon covered f/r foam.
- Made in the UK – all manikins conform strictly to our ISO9001:2008 standards.